Problems with Slovenia?

Numismatic swaps only
Please do not link to other commercial/auction/forum sites.
All postings which do not comply to this will be removed without a warning.

Moderator: luit

szmata
Donator
Donator
Recommendations: 745
Last recommendation: 31 Mar 2021
Flag: France

Problems with Slovenia?

Postby szmata » Mon 11 Jan 2021, 12:02

Hi, everybody

Do you have any swap in progress with collectors from Slovenia?

Three different packages were sent to me more than 2 weeks ago and they have not yet arrived, including a registered letter of which I have no news.

Is there any relation with the coronavirus?

Thanks for answers.

Jean

Tobold
User
User
Recommendations: 163
Last recommendation: 29 Mar 2021

Re: Problems with Slovenia?

Postby Tobold » Mon 11 Jan 2021, 12:22

Hi Szmata

The mail seems to confine a few days to SILJUA in both directions.
A letter finally arrived after 15 days
Another just left Slovenia today after being posted before Christmas

Tobold

Andrferreira
User
User
Recommendations: 16
Last recommendation: 03 Mar 2021
Flag: Portugal

Postby Andrferreira » Mon 11 Jan 2021, 12:26

Hi Jean,

From my experience, all swaps are taking longer than they used to be before coronavirus. I made several swaps to different countries and, in some cases, they are taking more than one month to reach the destination. Currently, I posted a letter on December 10th to Cyprus and the letter is still in transit.

Nevertheless, all my swaps were successful :)

I hope you receive your letters soon.

Best regards,
André
Best regards,
André

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6803

szmata
Donator
Donator

Postby szmata » Mon 11 Jan 2021, 12:41

Many thanks for your answers.

I have also a letter sent on December 17 to Pambos in Cyprus, another one sent to Lituania on December 16 and a third one sent to Estonia on December 15
jean

Onkel Sam
User
User
Recommendations: 192
Last recommendation: 07 Jan 2021
Flag: Germany

Postby Onkel Sam » Mon 11 Jan 2021, 14:05

Dear André,

Here a notice from the Central Bank of Cyprus.

"Suspension of mail transport
The Central Bank of Cyprus would like to inform you that, according to an announcement by the Cyprus Post, transport of mail of all categories (letter, parcel, EMS/datapost) to the following countries has been suspended as from 25/11/2020 due to the impossibility of finding air carrier: Argentina, Bosnia, Croatia, Belarus, Luxemburg, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia."

Maybe the same problem you have when sending from Portugal to Cyprus. If I were you I would ask CTT if it's imposible to send from Portugal to Cyprus. By the way. Did you wrote Cyprus or Rep. of Cyprus on your label?
Thank you very much to all my exchange partners. :respekt:

Please do not forget to give a good recommendation after every successful exchange. Thank you very much!

pranger
User
User
Recommendations: 37
Last recommendation: 14 Jan 2021
Flag: Slovenia

Postby pranger » Mon 11 Jan 2021, 14:21

szmata wrote:Hi, everybody

Do you have any swap in progress with collectors from Slovenia?

Three different packages were sent to me more than 2 weeks ago and they have not yet arrived, including a registered letter of which I have no news.

Is there any relation with the coronavirus?

Thanks for answers.

Jean

Abnormally slow postal services and huge delays!!!

Andrferreira
User
User
Recommendations: 16
Last recommendation: 03 Mar 2021
Flag: Portugal

Postby Andrferreira » Mon 11 Jan 2021, 16:19

Hello Sahak,

Nice to hear from you :)

I made that swap with PAMBOS and he told me that after he tried to post his letter. When he tried, I already posted my letter. When I posted my letter, CTT said nothing about that. Based on the tracking information, my letter left Lisbon airport on December 14th. I will wait 2 more weeks and if the status does not change I will contact CTT.

I wrote Cyprus because that was the address PAMBOS gave me :)

Best regards,
André

Onkel Sam wrote:Dear André,

Here a notice from the Central Bank of Cyprus.

"Suspension of mail transport
The Central Bank of Cyprus would like to inform you that, according to an announcement by the Cyprus Post, transport of mail of all categories (letter, parcel, EMS/datapost) to the following countries has been suspended as from 25/11/2020 due to the impossibility of finding air carrier: Argentina, Bosnia, Croatia, Belarus, Luxemburg, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia."

Maybe the same problem you have when sending from Portugal to Cyprus. If I were you I would ask CTT if it's imposible to send from Portugal to Cyprus. By the way. Did you wrote Cyprus or Rep. of Cyprus on your label?
Best regards,
André

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6803

szmata
Donator
Donator

Postby szmata » Mon 11 Jan 2021, 16:27

Hello André

One of my faithful collectors (on Numista) has planned a swap with somebody from Cyprus, but he knows there are no plane connection between Cyprus and Portugal.

So we decided that his swapper (in Cyprus) will send the coins to me and that I'll send them to Portugal when I receive them...A little complicated, but what else can we do?

picaro
Donator
Donator
Recommendations: 109
Last recommendation: 27 Nov 2020
Flag: Italy

Postby picaro » Mon 11 Jan 2021, 17:03

Hi everybody
envelope sent by Slovenija on 28/12/2020, still not arrived, I want to think that the delay is due to the huge amount of Christmas correspondence, what to say? We hope it arrives soon.

zvenket
Donator
Donator
Recommendations: 317
Last recommendation: 14 Oct 2020
Flag: Slovenia

Postby zvenket » Tue 12 Jan 2021, 09:06

Lately, I waited on shipment from Malta for about 45 days, from Latvia more than 30 days. I even waited on shipment from Austria for more than 14 days, although it usually arrives in one or two days. On the other hand, shipment from Slovakia arrived in one day...!?!
But I noticed that I get shipment in a day or two after it enters Slovenia. At least I think that problem is "somewhere between"...after shipment leave Slovenia and before it enters destination country.
But it's true. Slovenian post was overloaded with parcels in December. It still is. It doesn't had to deal only with Christmas presents and greeting cards. All "non food" shops were (are still) closed, that's why we buy all other things on Internet, which means even more work for Post.