numismax
User
User
Recommendations: 50
Last recommendation: 18 Dec 2019
Flag: Finland

Finland 2€ CC 2019 UNC

Postby numismax » Sat 21 Dec 2019, 10:45

Edited by moderator: since topicstarter only left this "." above, I moved the topic to the News section, nothing for sale anymore, but still usefull as news
Last edited by numismax on Mon 23 Dec 2019, 17:15, edited 3 times in total.

luit
Administrator
Administrator
Recommendations: 324
Last recommendation: 13 Dec 2019
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Finland 2€ CC 2019 UNC

Postby luit » Sat 21 Dec 2019, 11:09

Are you sure these coins are UNC? In other words do they come directly from a roll?

Luit

numismax
User
User

Postby numismax » Sat 21 Dec 2019, 13:51

Yes, directly from roll. Were purchased from an official dealer who got a small batch. Pictures upon request.

szmata
Donator
Donator
Recommendations: 660
Last recommendation: 30 Jan 2020
Flag: France

Postby szmata » Sun 22 Dec 2019, 18:55

As far as i know from several Finnish swappers this coin can be found only in circulation for the moment...

numismax
User
User

Postby numismax » Sun 22 Dec 2019, 21:47

szmata wrote:As far as i know from several Finnish swappers this coin can be found only in circulation for the moment...

Incorrect. Moneta sold a small amount of rolls to 4 Finnish dealers. Also, several people have got rolls of this coin from cashiers. Feel free to look on the biggest auction site with search words "Finland 2019" and you will see some have UNC for sale.

luit
Administrator
Administrator

Postby luit » Sun 22 Dec 2019, 22:37

When it was officially sold, it would have a normal price, looks more like there is some leak somehere to speculants.
What sellers mention on auction sites is irrelevant, not everything claimed there has to be true.
Also when it was officially sold for collectors to coindealers, most serious coindealers would sell this coin in their (online) shops, and that just is not true at the moment. I hope this coin will become available in the regular selling channels soon.

numismax
User
User

Postby numismax » Sun 22 Dec 2019, 23:05

luit wrote:When it was officially sold, it would have a normal price, looks more like there is some leak somehere to speculants.
What sellers mention on auction sites is irrelevant, not everything claimed there has to be true.
Also when it was officially sold for collectors to coindealers, most serious coindealers would sell this coin in their (online) shops, and that just is not true at the moment. I hope this coin will become available in the regular selling channels soon.

The price isn't "normal" because Finnish dealers got a very small quantity.
Dealers outside of Finland haven't got the coin from Moneta, but possibly have bought from Finland.

It is already very old news that this coin is available in UNC. The reason why the price is so high is speculation and the fact that dealers were given a small quantity. Those Finnish sellers on Eb4y have a high reputation, and indeed have UNC quality coins because they are directly from rolls.

Will provide a picture to show rolls exist and UNC exists.

https://www.eurokolikot.com/suomi-2019-2-euro-suomen-hallitusmuoto-1919-unc
Attachments
Screenshot_20191223-010230__01.jpg
Screenshot_20191223-010230__01.jpg (116.92 KiB) Viewed 1493 times

luit
Administrator
Administrator

Postby luit » Mon 23 Dec 2019, 10:27

Strange, you are telling https://www.suomenmoneta.fi/ is selling some rolls to 4 dealers and they are not selling the coins on their own website...
The coindealer from your link is not telling from where he got the coins, and I googled for Finnish coindealers and not found dealers selling this coin.
I don't believe it is officially sold to coindealers yet, maybe there is a leak somewhere.
This means coins sold now are sold by a speculation network.
Your coins on the first picture don't look UNC to me, did you get them from the coindealer in your link as UNC? If so I would ask for better coins when I were you. Even the visible coins in the roll look better and when you pay that much for UNC from a real coindealer it should be better than what you have got.
Why did you buy 3 coins more than you need for yourself and then sell them for only 10 cents more and even 1.80 less when buying all three? Doesn't sound logical to me.

Luit

S.Bento
User
User
Recommendations: 2
Flag: Portugal

Postby S.Bento » Mon 23 Dec 2019, 13:41

SO, 20x25=500€ Rol?

numismax
User
User

Postby numismax » Mon 23 Dec 2019, 15:37

luit wrote:Strange, you are telling https://www.suomenmoneta.fi/ is selling some rolls to 4 dealers and they are not selling the coins on their own website...
The coindealer from your link is not telling from where he go the coins, and I googled for Finnish coindealers and not found dealers selling this coin.
I don't believe it is officially sold to coindealers yet, maybe there is a leak somewhere.
This means coins sold now ar sold by a speculation network.
Your coins on the first picture don't look UNC to me, did you get them from the coindealer in your link as UNC? If so I would ask for better coins when I were you. Even the visible coins in the roll look better and when you pay that much for UNC from a real coindealer it should be better than what you have got.
Why did you buy 3 coins more than you need for yourself and then sell them for only 10 cents more and even 1.80 less when buying all three? Doesn't sound logical to me.

Luit

3 of the coin dealers are Sopot.fi, Eurokolikot.com and finntimo.com.
I am not 100% sure whether they got the rolls from Moneta, but their rolls are de facto authentic and only contain commemorative coins.

Something you probably also don't know is that there are both mixed rolls and rolls with only CC's. Nobody knows how many are in circulation. What I got told by the ministry in November was that the majority of 0.5mil are circulating.

I got my coins from a private seller who in turn got rolls from his work place.

But yeah..what Moneta is doing is strange. People here in Finland don't like it. Price should be much lower for a 0.5mil coin, but due to their business practice it is ridiculously high.

I understand your skepticism but I think it's pretty obvious from the pictures and auction listings that UNC coins are already on the market. I hope some other Finn could give support here...

Profit is not my goal, but instead to help fellow forum members get the coin cheaper.