Paris

Planning a holiday or a trip. Meet swapfriends while you are enjoying your holiday.
izotz
User
User
Recommendations: 22
Flag: Spain

Paris

Postby izotz » Mon 06 Aug 2012, 06:36

Hello everybody,

I will have a trip to Paris in a few days.

If anybody is interested we could meet. My double list (see below) is not perfectly up to date, but it could give you an idea of what I have.

I am open to your suggestions for the city, be it numismatic or not. :)

Best regards from Spain,
izotz
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=340

jore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Recommendations: 182
Last recommendation: 12 Apr 2018
Flag: France

Re: Paris

Postby jore » Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:26

Hello

I can recommend you to visit the museum of money.

Adress
Monnaie de Paris
11 quai Conti
Paris
Support euroswapper forum, donate !

izotz
User
User

Postby izotz » Tue 07 Aug 2012, 06:42

Merci beaucoup! :)

It is quite sure that I will pay a visit to the museum.

Best regards.

luit
Administrator
Administrator
Recommendations: 317
Last recommendation: 29 Jul 2016
Flag: Netherlands

Postby luit » Mon 13 Aug 2012, 18:40

Too bad I only see this post recently because I was in Paris for a few days...

I don't know if the museum has the same opening hours as the boutique but the boutique is closed till August 27th.
Of course there is an awful lot to see in Paris, depending on what you think is interesting.
Transportation is cheap when you buy a Paris Visite card for metro/tram/train/bus for the number of days you stay there.
Normally zone 1-3 will be sufficient, only airports, Disney and Versailles are in other zones, but unless you plan to visit one or more of those each day, you can better buy a separate ticket for those.

I had a meeting with forummember szmata and must say it is nice to meet other members in person :D

Luit

P.S.
When you want to visit Eiffeltower and know on which day you want to do that, you better can buy etickets on their site because rows for the ticketoffice can be very long and timeconsuming

izotz
User
User

Postby izotz » Sat 01 Sep 2012, 21:48

luit wrote:Too bad I only see this post recently because I was in Paris for a few days...

Not so bad. In fact I wrote a few weeks in advance. I'm just back from my trip so we would not have met.
luit wrote:I don't know if the museum has the same opening hours as the boutique but the boutique is closed till August 27th.

Your information was quite useful. I managed to visit the shop on August, 28th. Indeed, there seemed to be major works in the building.
luit wrote:Of course there is an awful lot to see in Paris, depending on what you think is interesting.
Transportation is cheap when you buy a Paris Visite card for metro/tram/train/bus for the number of days you stay there.

Yes, we were aware of that. We bought a week ticket so it was not very expensive for us.
luit wrote:Normally zone 1-3 will be sufficient, only airports, Disney and Versailles are in other zones, but unless you plan to visit one or more of those each day, you can better buy a separate ticket for those.

I had a meeting with forummember szmata and must say it is nice to meet other members in person :D

At last I met a member from another forum and it was a really great experience.
luit wrote:Luit

P.S.
When you want to visit Eiffeltower and know on which day you want to do that, you better can buy etickets on their site because rows for the ticketoffice can be very long and timeconsuming

Another useful information. I followed your suggestion. It saved me about an hour queue.

Thank you very much, Luit, in a few lines, your information was really great for me. :) Let me know if I can ever help you.