User
User
Recommendations: 34
Last recommendation: 14 Aug 2019
Flag: Finland

Returned after 6-year break

Postby numismax » Fri 09 Aug 2019, 10:49

Hi all,

Some of you probably remember me. I quit collecting in 2013..and now I'm back.

Since there are so many new 2€ CC's and coin cards..I was wondering if anyone could help me
get up to speed with the changes.

I saw Belgium has issued lots of low-mintage coins...

So.. I have some questions if someone could help :)

1) Are there new error coins, such as the 2008 F 2€ Hamburg with old map?
2) Is euroswapper.info still the most popular swapping/selling site? Eurohobby seems inactive (didn't log in though)
3) Are Andorra's 2€ coins only issued in coincards and proof sets? Is it same for Belgium for most 2€ CC issued since 2014?
4) Is euro collecting still as popular? Looks like there is less activity on this site and Eurohobby..or is it the summer holidays?

I probably have more questions later, trying to get up to date with the new coins.

-Max-

zvenket
Donator
Donator
Recommendations: 314
Last recommendation: 18 Dec 2018
Flag: Slovenia

Re: Returned after 6-year break

Postby zvenket » Fri 09 Aug 2019, 19:37

Hello Max.

Welcome back to collecting...:-)

1) Are there new error coins, such as the 2008 F 2€ Hamburg with old map?

As far as I know only:
EURO-BELGIUM-2014-2€ CC-"Red cross"-CoinCard, which has two "Error" variants. One with Dutch and one with Italian edge of coin.
2) Is euroswapper.info still the most popular swapping/selling site? Eurohobby seems inactive (didn't log in though)

For me yes. But it is the only web site I'm using... :D
Eurohobby was inactive for quite a long time. Think that it was sold few months ago...but I'm really not the most reliable person to give you info about Eurohobby. Maybe some other swapper will help.
3) Are Andorra's 2€ coins only issued in coincards and proof sets? Is it same for Belgium for most 2€ CC issued since 2014?

Andorra issued 2014-2019 2€ CC UNC coins only in coin cards. Think only 2014 was issued in PROOF.
Some of 2€ circulation coins were issued also in rolls. Think 2014, 2017 and 2018.
BU sets (1c-2€) were issued every year from 2014 to 2019.
4) Is euro collecting still as popular? Looks like there is less activity on this site and Eurohobby..or is it the summer holidays?

Don't think that a lot of collectors stopped collecting Euros. But I noticed, that a lot of collectors reduced coins that they're collecting. Bu sets and UNC sets are surely not as popular any more as they were before.
I'm also not quite active here, but this is because I already have long term and reliable swap partners from majority of EURO countries.
Summer holidays surely has influence on swapper's activity. This is obvious also at eBay. Summer (and also other) holidays is the best time to buy and the worst time to sell coins at auctions...:D

Elvis.

jore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Recommendations: 186
Last recommendation: 03 Aug 2019
Flag: France

Postby jore » Sat 10 Aug 2019, 10:08

Welcome back Mx

My answer as similar to Zvenket, difference is only about point 4, I personnally (and i'm not the only one) stop 2€ cc collection because there is more and more coins, there are expensive, more and more low mintage and design are not very beautifull, it seems for me a business for many people and mint.

Anyway Euroswapper still the best place for reliable collectors. ;)

Joel
Support euroswapper forum, donate !

numismax
User
User
Recommendations: 34
Last recommendation: 14 Aug 2019
Flag: Finland

Postby numismax » Wed 14 Aug 2019, 12:49

Thanks for your answers! Yeah, Eurohobby is quite inactive..probably due to what you said.

I guess I will continue with 2€ CC's UNC's..have to scale down a bit because in 2016 there were 25 different 2€ CC's excluding
San Marino, Vatican, Monaco and Andorra (which I don't collect). I read somewhere that countries are now allowed to issue up to
3 different coins per year..?

Shame if many more countries will start issuing their 2€ commemorative coins in coincards/blisters only...noticed Belgium is a prime
example of this..France starting to take example with 2019 Asterix..