TychoBrahe
User
User
Recommendations: 87
Last recommendation: 14 May 2018
Flag: Italy

Get coins in Greece

Postby TychoBrahe » Tue 01 Jul 2014, 15:14

This summer I am going to Chrete, and due to the thing I will stay for several days and I have a car, I would like to know if it is possible to get coins directly from Branches of Bank Of Greece, simply asking to their clerks as it goes in Italy.

Can anyone from Greece help me? Is there any costs or things to do?

I see that on Chrete there are 2 Branches of Bank Of Grece, one in Heraklion and one in Chania.

Thank you for your help.

magneto
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Recommendations: 107
Last recommendation: 29 Jan 2016
Flag: Greece

Re: Get coins in Greece

Postby magneto » Wed 02 Jul 2014, 14:03

hi tycho
the main source to get new coins issues from greek annual numismatic program are in central bank in athens
very limited quantity deliver in other towns in greece and sometimes they don't deliver.
last years all new issues are ordered only with preorders, there is a limitation per person and per issue and this method even for greek collector is complicated to get new coins. so from my experience you have very few posibilities to find in branches new coins-issues and i wouldn't count on it.
maybe the best way is to talk direclty with athens and see what they have and if they can send them to you.
what exactly looking for?

TychoBrahe
User
User
Recommendations: 87
Last recommendation: 14 May 2018
Flag: Italy

Postby TychoBrahe » Wed 02 Jul 2014, 14:06

Ok, thank you very much. I don't need anything in particular, except for loose 2014 coins. The rest I have, it is just to have some doubles for better swaps (expecially commemorative coins).
So, if it is so difficult, I think I will enjoy the Island and its see and forgot the coins. :)

Thank you very much

magneto
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Recommendations: 107
Last recommendation: 29 Jan 2016
Flag: Greece

Postby magneto » Wed 02 Jul 2014, 14:09

no problem tycho,
every greek issue year (except commemorative coins) , the rolls are available at the end of the year , so if you need rolls with 2014 date are not available yet.
have a nice vacation in Crete :)